Dreamhost Wordpress Hosting User Rating

I am about half way through my first year of Dreamhost's inexpensive "Crazy Domain Insane" program. This offers an amazing amount of features for the price they ask for. You can host unlimited domains, mysql databases, email addresses, etc. It offers one click installs of services such as wordpress, phpbb, joomla and more. They give you more disk space and bandwidth than you could even think of using.

I have only two sites hosted on this package at the moment, but plan on hosting more as time goes by. The uptime has always been good, I havn't noticed my site being down at all.

The server speed isn't a high point of the service, unless you are on one of their dedicated servers that is. It isn't bad compaired with what you are paying. You pay for what you get really.

Technical support seems to be a wiki (which I havn't really used as it is easy to figure out what to do on your own anyway). They have a support phoneline but I wouldn't like to contact them because I am not a US resident and it would cost me too much.

This all sounds good so far, but they do have one problem I would like to highlight. I don't host sites which attract huge traffic, but I hear from other users of this service that they will close your site if it is causing their server to slow down and advise you to buy a dedicated server from them which won't ever be closed down. I can understand them doing this, but then I asked myself "Why offer so much bandwidth if you shut a site down before someone can even use half of it?" and I couldn't find the answer. This seems to be their only downfall as far as I can see.

Overall I am quite happy with the service they have provided and I will stay with them until I find a better plan or have a problem. I would recomend this hosting to anyone just starting out as it is cheap and has all the features you will need (along with a lot of features you probably won't need).

Nicholas Edwards


Get Dreamhost Wordpress Hosting now or check out a Wordpress Comparison Web Hosting Provider Review